Local Sales Manager (7363)
Are you an experienced Local Sales Manager (LSM) ready for a new challenge? Are you an experienced, successful, driven Media Sales Professional ready to move up? Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets. Our Digital group is focused on bringing best in class digital solutions to our advertisers. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find success at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair’s ABC and FOX duopoly in Charleston-Huntington WV, the 70th DMA, is looking for a strong Local Sales Manager. In this role, you will help guide our sales efforts in our Huntington, West Virginia office. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can lead the way as we adapt to a multi-screen, integrated marketing approach to selling. The right candidate must have a successful track record in media and digital sales. Management and staff development experience preferred.
- Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the station’s revenue share
- Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel
- Work closely with the DOS on pricing and inventory management
- Manage and motivate a group of Senior AE’s and recruit and train the rookies
- Work closely with the Digital Sales Manager to train our sellers and generate digital revenue
- Work closely with the Research Director to take full advantage of our tools: Marshall Marketing, ComScore, Kantar, AdMall and others
- Creatively lead sales promotions to develop non-traditional revenue.
- Develop strong relationships with local clients
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A proven track record of New Business and Digital success is a must
- 3-5 years experience in TV Sales. Management a plus
- Thorough understanding of pricing and inventory management
- Demonstrable track record creatively generating non-traditional revenue
- Demonstrable understanding of digital and various digital platforms
- IAB Digital Media Sales Certification a plus.
- Strong, positive leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong command of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- OSI experience a plus
- Hyphenated market experience a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top