WBMA/WJSU/WCFT has an immediate opening for a creative Lifestyle Show Producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our lifestyle show - Talk of Alabama. This position will also work closely with the Lifestyle Show Host and Director of Sales on the show and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of the lifestyle show, work with management and on-air talent to generate and write stories and interviews. Additionally, develop ideas and content for the shows web site page and social media accounts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Creativity and knowledge of current events and trends
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative lifestyle show
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute creative strategies and goals in daily lifestyle show
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Strong collaborative skill working with Host and Sale Department to come up with revenue generating concepts
- Ability to work with station sales clients on concepts and ideas
- Must have at least some previous producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
- A Journalism degree is preferred but not required - creativity is a must!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.