Lead Data Engineer
Sinclair Digital is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to drive the Data sciences and Insights platform implementation across the group for products including video, mobile, OTT, and web. He or she will be responsible for establishing and maintaining software best practices, coding standards, engineering best practices, SOA architecture, and assisting with tool and technology evaluations that will dictate execution for the team. The successful candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have great hands-on technical, leadership, and communication skills. Drive the entire technology culture at Sinclair Digital and help steer test-driven development, agile processes, and a design-first engineering culture that is constantly experimenting and learning.
We are looking to partner with an expert and thought leader who can help our team given their:
- History of delivering applied solutions in challenging and ambiguous environments
- Familiar with large system analytics and gathering, manipulating, and presenting data to effect decision-making
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform especially their data suite including Big Query, Datastore, BigTable
- ETL processes utilizing technologies such Airflow, DataProc, SPARK, SPARQL, SQL
- Familiarity with data concepts such as Normalization, Relational, Star, Cube, Document Databases
- Experience using information visualization tools for Reporting and/or Drill-Down analysis (e.g. Matplot, OpenGL, DataStudio, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about algorithmic concepts from at least one information-centric discipline (eg. statistics, Machine Learning, information processing, natural language processing, information retrieval, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about the relative computational complexity and scalability of particular approaches
- Experience managing hardware deployments using tools such as virtualization and containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Capable of managing cloud-based operations in a continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) setting (e.g. cloud infrastructure, deployment, operations, and monitoring)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experiences. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into a omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Seattle, Washington, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top