KFOX14/CBS4 Topical Writer/Producer (8816)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KFOX/KDBC TV, in El Paso, TX, is seeking an On-Air News Promotion Topical Producer with a news mind and marketing savvy. This individual will be dedicated to executing brand, image, and topical news promotion all while demonstrating a solid ability to identify and communicate viewer benefit. The job requires that you thrive in a news environment, embrace innovations, and are comfortable being an aggressive marketing advocate for the newsroom. The candidate chosen for this position will work closely with Anchors, News Producers and Reporters to write, produce and edit strategic process driven daily topical promotion under the direct supervision of the Creative Services Director.
- Meet deadlines as directed by supervisor
- Write, shoot, and edit in a fast-paced setting
- Work closely with news producers and reporters to write, produce and edit strategic daily topical promotion under the direct supervision of the Creative Services Director.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must be able to work independently and effectively under tight deadlines and be open to a flexible schedule
- The ability to integrate news/marketing content into digital and mobile media platforms is a must
- Be versatile, well-organized and feel comfortable in a team setting
- Manage projects from concept to completion on a daily basis
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Candidates must have 2-5 years of television news or promo experience
- Experience with live television production, basic newsroom technology, and strong written is helpful
- Non-linear editing experience (Final Cut non-linear editing experience is a must)
- Knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 1:00pm - 10:00pm
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top