Junior Purchasing Agent (7361)
Based in Raymond, Maine, Dielectric LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and is a leading provider of innovative broadcast products. From remote stations to major markets, Dielectric delivers products for every need since 1942 and prides itself on being a solution-oriented engineering company. The Company is a trusted partner of broadcasters worldwide. We design, engineer, and manufacture antennas, combiners, switches, diplexers, transmission lines and waveguides for television, and FM radio. We collaborate with the consultant community, as well as with its customers’ engineering staffs, to design advanced and reliable antenna systems.
We are currently seeking a full-time skilled Junior Purchasing Agent. This position will buy goods and services necessary for our business. You will have the ability to excel in this role by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases that have a direct impact on the bottom line. We are seeking a motivated and energetic detail oriented person to join our dynamic team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and communicate with internal company partners (sales, marketing, engineering, finance, manufacturing) to ensure the most accurate purchases
- Assess supplier profiles and ability to analyze offers
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely deliveries and compliance to terms of contracts
- Monitor stock levels with detail
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and prices
- Keep updated records with accuracy
- Negotiate price and delivery
- Complete vendor certifications
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to keep abreast of market’s trends
- This position reports to Director of Marketing & Services
- College degree, BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
- Proficient in a Windows based PC environment, Microsoft Office and Oracle
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Able to multitask, be self-directed and function independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management and efficiency skills
- Excellent organizational skills and heavy attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
Dielectric is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top