KSNV has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time IT Support Technician. This position involves maintaining computers and servers related to television transmission as well as business side workstations. The candidate will be directly responsible for hands-on support of modern broadcast and IT equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the management of servers, network security, and network services
- PC/MAC hardware/software support of on-site installing, services and repairing workstations
- Provide support for the technical needs of the News Department
- Assist with LAN and WAN related hardware and software maintenance
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
- Apply regular security updates
- Preform physical inventory of equipment
- Maintain digital telephone system
- Maintain printers
- All other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or two years' experience in IT, electronics, or computer related field
- A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, MAC, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer systems
- Ability to communicate technical issues and resolution plans clearly both verbally and written
- Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products is a plus
- On-Call duty, included weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to carry and use tools and equipment
- Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl
- Ability to climb ladders
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.