IT Support Desk Supervisor (7376)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for a Corporate IT Support Desk Supervisor for our IT department. The Support Desk Supervisor is responsible for providing IT support to Sinclair employees that call or email for assistance, as well as handling larger support-based projects. The ideal candidate for this position will be a hands-on supervisor who is proficient in helping individual users and completing projects while supervising a small team.
- Provide support of business applications including Citrix, Firefox, Symantec Corporate Antivirus, Microsoft Office Products, Internet Explorer, Oracle, etc.
- Provide support of business specific, custom and proprietary applications
- Assist users with remote access including VPN, Citrix and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Support network printers and copiers including configuration and supporting users
- Maintain and upgrade computers and install software and applications
- Provide user support over the phone, through email and in person
- Create and maintain user accounts, in Active Directory
- Execute larger projects in accordance with schedule and instructions
- Carry out the instructions of the Support Desk Manager as requested
- Lead and mentor the Corporate IT Support Desk team members in a culture of continuous improvement
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to team members
- Promote and maintain the Support Desk Policies and Procedures
- Facilitate training plans and improvement plans for Support Desk staff
The preferred candidate will have:
- 5 years of direct technology experience, with a minimum of 2 years support desk experience
- 2 years of supervisor/management experience in a technology field
- Familiarity with a variety of computer hardware, software and operating systems
- Experience with the removal of viruses and malware
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of managing Microsoft Exchange user accounts
- Microsoft Office 365 experience is a plus
- An eagerness to quickly learn new skills and a desire to train others
- The ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top