IT Specialist (7355)
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU, in Portland, Oregon, has a career opportunity for a full-time IT Engineer. This role will support the engineering department on its daily computer and network operations. This position involves maintaining computers and servers related to television transmission and video automation systems as well as business-side work stations. The candidate will be directly responsible for hands-on support of modern broadcast equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the management of Servers, Network Security and Network Services
- PC/Mac hardware/software support of on-site installing, servicing and repairing workstations
- Provide support for the technical needs of the News Department
- Assist with video equipment set-up and maintenance
- Assist Engineering with Transmitter and Master Control maintenance
- Assist with LAN and WAN related hardware and software maintenance
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
- Apply regular security updates
- Perform physical inventory of equipment
- Maintain digital telephone system
- Associates degree or higher in IT, electronics or computer related field
- 2 – 4 years of related broadcast experience
- A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- On-call duty, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift computers and equipment generally less than 50 pounds
You must apply online at www.sbgi.net to be considered for the position
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top