IT Software Development Manager (8777)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair's Corporate IT department located in Hunt Valley, MD, has an opening for a Software Development Manager. The manager of the development team will provide leadership and guidance to developers while ensuring compliance with the Sinclair SDLC. This is a non-development role that will plan, assign and direct the activities of the development team, and provide professional development and mentorship to each team member. The Software Development Manager is also responsible for working with the development team to review, adjust and enforce the standards and policies of the Sinclair SDLC.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the Development staff, IT PMO and IT Management to schedule and prioritize all development and QA work.
- Effectively communicate current, new and updated business objectives to the Development Staff
- Confirm compliance with the Sinclair SDLC during each interaction with the Development Staff
- Maintain all current work efforts in the Work In Progress tracking application
- Provide professional development and mentorship to the development staff
- Regularly and consistently review existing policies for effectiveness, accuracy and applicability
- Develop and maintain a network of industry peers to discuss and resolve industry challenges
- Work with development staff to set goals and establish performance metrics
Preferred Candidates will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, equivalent development certifications or equivalent years of dedicated development experience.
- Experience developing applications in multiple development languages
- Experience developing applications in multiple applications architectures
- 5-7 years of software development experience in a structured environment
- 5-7 years of software development management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Instinctive qualities of accountability and follow-through
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top