The Senior Technical Project Manager will manage cross-functional and internal technology projects; creating project plans, identify potential risks and mitigation, support project team members by leading, and remove obstacles to allow the team to focus on execution and delivery. Individuals in this role must effectively partner with sponsors, stakeholders and senior management to ensure the strategic goals and objectives of the project/s are met and deliver the desired business value. Senior Project Managers direct the daily activities of team members on multiple projects to ensure they provide high quality and cost effective services; they may also provide oversight and/or directly supervise one or more project managers, in addition to other project team members.
- Leading the performance of complex medium to large business and IT sponsored projects managing systems development, testing, evaluation functions, life cycle logistics, resource management, risk management, and leadership as an IT Project Manager
- Serving as a senior expert, monitoring and analyzing customer satisfaction, documenting processes, overseeing needs and conducting detailed requirements analyses
- Providing leadership and coordination to teams of technical personnel who perform a wide range of functions related to design and implementation of IT Services
- Collaborating with project managers to develop and monitor realistic project management plans, assisting in the development of Stakeholder Analysis, Work Breakdown Structure and Schedule
- Developing systems, procedures, and formats necessary for project tracking, monitoring, and reporting of IT initiatives.
- Leading multiple IT-related projects from initiation to completion, including project management of new and ongoing projects
- Developing, modifying, or providing input to high level and detailed project plans; implementing project plans to meet objectives; coordinating and integrating project activities
- Defining measures, monitoring performance of project management activities, and implementing corrective actions as required
- Evaluating business processes, developing requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and implementing solutions
- Generating, analyzing, and utilizing data-driven project metrics to manage the performance of the project based on cost, resource, schedule, quality, and other measurable dimensions.
- Developing alternate solutions to address work complexities such as time and costs, versatility and innovation, and short cuts or compromises that are considered risky
- Demonstrate successful team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, accountability, learning agility and risk management capabilities
- Managing and supervising employees (as required) including setting goals, managing performance, and supervising tasks and outcomes.
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies listed below:
- Initiative - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail taking a proactive approach to project management
- Concern for Effectiveness - Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provides information or assistance, resolves problems, or satisfies expectations by removing obstacles and driving outcomes
- Communication - Expresses information (i.e., examples, facts, ideas) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (i.e., technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Customer Service - Interacts with IT staff, Business stakeholders, Team members, and suppliers in a professional manner, ensuring concerns, issues, questions, or escalations are properly handled, appropriate follow up provided, and a positive, can-do attitude is displayed.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Undergraduate degree and PMP Certification
- 8-10 years project management experience
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Project and/or Azure DevOps technologies
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Instinctive qualities of accountability and follow-through
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.