IT Security Engineer (7335)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has a new and exciting opportunity as a IT Security Engineer. This position will sit in our corporate IT department in Hunt Valley, MD.
Leadership & Execution
- Take ownership of personal and professional development and training needed to excel
- Provide mentorship to security team members to expand overall knowledge base
- Provide input to policies and procedures that immediately reduce organizational information security risks
- Help develop and refine procedures for responding to information security incidents
- Monitor the internal and external environment for emerging threats, and advise management of suggested courses of action
- Conduct routine security audit log reviews, and report any suspicious activities
- Respond to and investigate potential malware infections; provide input to improve the process
- Perform vulnerability scanning of infrastructure, applications, endpoints
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems, or related engineering field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' professional experience in IT, with at least 2 years in Information Security
- Working knowledge of security architecture technology solutions including SIEM, vulnerability scanning and management, anti-virus management, database monitoring, encryption, log analytics, IDS/IPS systems, and firewalls
- Experience configuring and managing SIEM systems
- Understanding of IT systems - Wintel, Linux, Networking, etc.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting this includes writing and interpreting scripts to manage internally and externally hosted systems
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, professional oral or written manner
- Ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to management
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills; team player
- Demonstrated initiative, dependability and ability to be self-driven
- Certification in any of the following, although not required, is a plus: CISSP, CEH, CCNA, Security+, GSEC
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top