The Business Systems Analyst's primary responsibility is to improve the quality of IT services and analyze business needs.
- Elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish customer classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather business objectives via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of objectives analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected objectives.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing objectives-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Participate in the selection of any objectives' documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyze and verify objectives for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to write requirements specifications accurately and concisely.
- Translate conceptual customer ideas into functional objectives in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Create process maps, specifications, workflows, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business objectives to ensure they are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of customer objectives into feasible options and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of objectives throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine, as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business objectives - verbally or through written documentation - to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Manage backlog of business objectives for IT projects.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish credibility with business area leaders.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and act on it.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment. SAFe Agile preferred.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Understand elicitation techniques required to obtain high level business requirements.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Trained in advanced negotiation techniques that seek win-win outcomes.
- Capable of communicating seamlessly with technical and business focused stakeholders.
- Strong innovation, outcome driven and solution-oriented competencies.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.