WSYX/WTTE is looking for an Investigative Producer who is driven, hard-hitting and has an established track record of holding those in power accountable. We are looking for someone with a proven investigative reporting or producing background in either broadcast or print. In this role, you will be responsible for researching and developing exclusive and compelling content for our investigative and On Your Side content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site. The ideal candidate understands the importance of producing compelling content on multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate will:
- Analyze data provided by state agencies
- Deliver investigations that expose public corruption
- Establish department priorities and content strategy air dates for the various platforms.
- Vet On Your Side tips
- Know how to establish and maintain sources.
- Pitch and execute investigations that are important to our consumers on all platforms
- Be familiar with public records requests to aid in storytelling.
- Be part of the our daily editorial process, contributing to breaking news and continuing coverage.
- Collaborate with a team of four other amazing journalists.
- Must have at least two years previous experience in an investigative unit
- A journalism degree is preferred.
- Print journalists are encouraged to apply.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.