Investigative Producer (8995)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJLA-TV, in Washington, DC, seeks an enterprising and aggressive Investigative Producer to join our 7 ON YOUR SIDE investigative and consumer unit. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative and consumer news reporting. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles on both long-form enterprise and big daily news stories
- Work closely with Director of Special Projects to refine investigative and consumer related pitches and story scripts
- Work closely with reporters to provide in-house set up and research
- Go out in the field with photographers to pursue your own leads and stories, as well as gather material for reporters
- Write online versions of investigative and consumer reports and work with Digital Producers on "web extra" content
- Other 7 ON YOUR SIDE unit duties as assigned
- 3 years of investigative producing experience preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
- Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
- Must be able to use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
- Should be able to generate story ideas and determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
- Strong writer, storyteller. Must be naturally inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
While applying online, please include a recent web link of your work; if you do not have an online reel, please mail a non-returnable DVD to the station at:
Attn: Director of Special Projects
1100 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22205
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top