Investigative Producer (8402)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is looking for an Investigative Producer to join our national news program, 'Full Measure', based in the Washington, DC region. This program will cover issues of government accountability and political analysis, and air weekly.
- Produce primary investigative and long form pieces for weekly broadcast.
- Contribute story ideas and help shape editorial direction and consistency of program.
- Demonstrate leadership and experience for other staff members.
- Work with anchor and executive producer for long term editorial planning.
- Conduct research and produce content for weekly political and government accountability program
- Write copy for weekly program and for digital platforms
- Knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms.
- Field produce with photographers to gather content for show
- Book guests for weekly show
- Thorough knowledge of both information and tape research.
- Knowledge and interest in politics.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years' experience in television news, with proven record in investigative and/or long form content. Network or national cable experience is preferred.
- Able to travel and manage field logistics & production.
- Prefer person with strong contact and resource list.
- Exceptional writing and content analysis skills
- Must have an excellent understanding of politics and the media's role in a healthy society
- Passion for exceptional storytelling.
Are you ready to join our team? Please apply online today!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top