WSYX/WTTE has immediate openings for inspiring marketing and promotions professionals who want to gain hands-on experience, learning from Central Ohio's number 1, most watched team. Do you love to write? Want to work in a fun and challenging environment? WSYX ABC 6 and FOX 28 would like to talk to you about internship opportunities within our marketing and promotions team during the summer of 2023. A perfect opportunity to launch your career in the exciting world of broadcasting and digital media.
- Strong creative instincts and judgment
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Interest in social media/marketing
- Interest in television, entertainment, and pop culture
- Great social media copywriting skills and an ability to flex different voice and tones
- A demonstrated high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Problem-solver with positive, can-do attitude
- Work with writers/producers/creative directors and team leaders on creative projects for on air, social and digital placements
- Be a part of brainstorms and pitch fresh and fun ideas on various types of campaigns and launches
- Work on multi-platform synergy (internal Disney partners) and third-party marketing plans
- Attend cross-departmental and network meetings to learn how an entertainment company operates
- Meet with our colleagues across Marketing & Creative, other ABC departments, and other Disney departments to gain insights into their day-to-day roles and more
- Prep for and attend Creative marketing shoot productions
- Stay on top of the latest hit music and pop culture
Experience Requested: Three years of college credit, with a focus on journalism, television production, marketing, digital media, graphic design, social media preferred. A passion for writing, marketing and journalism and preferably experience in the world of digital and social media. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Facebook, TikTok and YouTube analytics are welcomed, along with the working knowledge of shooting video and graphics is a plus but not necessary to start.
Candidates must be receiving college credit for internship program. This is an unpaid position.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.