Sinclair Broadcast Group is in search of a student Intern to aid in the development, management, and execution of the company's emerging media initiatives. We are looking for a person who is passionate about winning in the digital media landscape and is able to assist in the management and creation of content produced specifically for digital platforms.
Sinclair, an industry leader in local news and sports content, is committed to driving community engagement through innovative content, storytelling and journalism excellence. The mission is to develop and use new digital products, platforms, and formats that connect content to viewers on any screen they use. The modern-day environment of digital media is highly dynamic and as such, our team is committed to marrying content, design, product, and software to serve and generate community.
Modern technology choices help us leverage internal services, software, and cloud technologies. On a daily basis, your ability to traverse software development will be an asset to us as we evaluate the dynamic between our users and our technological strengths. New solutions that emerge present areas where our team can grow and provide new content within the digital landscape.
- Students must be currently enrolled, or have been recently enrolled in a college degree program, or an equivalent online platform.
- Must be pursuing or recently completed an educational curriculum in a discipline related to Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant fields.
- This internship is targeted toward Junior and Senior level students of Bachelor's degree programs, or similar equivalent in other educational programs.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S
- Prior experience building, containerizing and deploying a website on the cloud.
- A solid working understanding of full stack development concepts and principals.
- Enthusiasm and passion for your tasks and environment.
- General Understanding of Software Development Practices and Principles.
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time; high-energy and organized.
- This is a remote internship. During working hours, you must be available by phone, email, IM and video calls.
- This is a part-time position that will last approximately 3 months.
- Must be available to work approximately 29 hours per week.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
The hourly compensation range for this role is $20.00 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.