Human Resources Generalist (8703)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to administer policies and procedures and provide guidance in various functional areas of human resources, which expands over multiple states. The HR Generalist will consult and advise management and field HR representatives on various matters and work closely with other HR team members on specific initiatives. The home location for this position will be in Seattle, WA from one of our best facilities, KOMO-TV.
While no day will be exactly the same, you'll get to have your hands in a variety of HR functions (including but not limited to):
- Employee relations
- Interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements
- Compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Unemployment claims
- HR reporting and analysis
- Administration of leave
- Recruitment and hiring
- Benefits administration
- Workers compensation
- Personnel recordkeeping - maintain confidential, personnel and other HR records for employees
- Other tasks / projects as assigned
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related program of study.
- 5+ years of HR experience.
- Broadcast or related media experience is a plus!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of management and employees.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to travel as required.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top