Human Resources Generalist (8700)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We are looking for a skilled Human Resources Generalist to champion all of the various human resources functions of a unique and dynamic corporate human resources team, which supports 8,500+ employees in multiple states. This is a great opportunity to work with a proactive and fun team passionate for human resources. The HR Generalist will consult and advise management and field HR representatives on HR matters and work with top-notch Corporate HR team members on specific initiatives.
In this role, you will get to do the following each day (including but not limited to):
- Support HR business processes, HR systems and special projects
- Advise employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefits matters
- Participate in benefits administration to include open enrollment, change reporting and employee communications
- Function as a liaison between vendors, field HR representatives and employees
- Leave administration
- Workers compensation administration
- Provide support with employee relations matters and recruiting/hiring
- Prepare reports from HRIS system
- Compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Personnel recordkeeping - maintain confidential, personnel and other HR records
- Other tasks / projects as assigned
- Laugh every day and have fun!
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related program of study. PHR or SHRM-CP a plus.
- 3+ years of HR experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and an Oracle HRIS background is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of management and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top