Human Resources Coordinator (8819)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSYX / WTTE, in Columbus, Ohio, is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. This role will be responsible for the Human Resources function for the stations, as well as assist with the management of the financial reporting and general accounting functions to ensure all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, Company policies and procedures, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Manage the Human Resources function under the general direction of Corporate Human Resources:
- Recruiting and hiring compliance in accordance with FCC/EEO regulations
- Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews
- Complete paperwork related to hiring, termination and status and benefit changes
- Act as a liaison between employees, Corporate HR and/or vendors to answer questions about benefits, company policy or other related concerns
- File and maintain confidential personnel and other HR records
- Assist with FCC/EEO compliance reporting
- Leave administration
- Prepare and review of payroll process
- Reporting/responding to workers' compensation and unemployment claims
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business, accounting, finance, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in Human Resources and Accounting
- Working knowledge of human resources, internal control procedures, and payroll
- Must be results oriented with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel and an Oracle background preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top