Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist
Tennis Channel is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 video providers.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Our Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist performs work of moderate difficulty in human resources and benefits administration under supervision of the Human Resources Manager. This individual also covers our company's reception area and is fundamental to Tennis Channel as they present the first and foremost impression of this organization to visitors and clients. This individual will be outgoing, hospitable, courteous, punctual, dependable, detail-oriented, efficient and process oriented. We are seeking an individual who desires to grow in a human resources role.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Handles reception duties such as:
- Answering multi-line telephone, screening and directing calls, taking and relaying messages
- Provide information to callers and/or forwards inquiries to the appropriate departments following company protocol
- Receive and greet visitors, ensuring that their access to facility is with proper escort
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Assist with or prepare correspondence
- Assist with the recruitment and interview process
- Submit requests for pre-employment screenings
- Complete I-9 for new hires and maintains I-9 records
- Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, terminations and other status changes
- Create and maintain employee personnel files and file papers and documents into appropriate employee files (digital and paper files)
- Conduct audits of various benefits and other HR programs and recommend any corrective action
- Assist with the performance review process
- Assist with open enrollment and benefits administration
- Assist Human Resources Manager with various research projects and/or special projects
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or two years of Human Resources administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- High degree of professional personal presentation
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English and have proper grammatical speech
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience using Outlook to schedule meetings and book conference rooms
- Must be honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Eager, willing and positive demeanor
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States
Company Location HR.TENNIS CHANNEL, Santa Monica, CA.Tennis.Santa Monica.CA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top