HRIS Technical Analyst/Developer (8599)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We are looking for a HR Technical Analyst/Developer with a vision to be part of something BIG!
(SELECT * FROM Best_HR_Tech WHERE motivation >=110% and charisma >= 5 AND alignment BETWEEN good AND chaotic good and PL_SQL_skill >= "Wizardly" AND HTML_skill >= "Moderate" AND XML_skill >= "Excellent")
- Great at translating business needs into technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to perform moderately complicated queries using SQL
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Focused on delighting your customer
- Love building new things and solving complex problems
- Continuously curious about data, systems, and processes
- Stabilizing and further implementing full Oracle HCM Cloud Suite
- Great benefits
- Awesome coworkers – you'll actually want to see them outside of work!
- Invested in your full potential
- Collaborative workplace
If this sounds like a fit so far, read on for additional details and apply.
Do you have the technical acumen necessary to unlock hidden potential through automation, process improvement and coding wizardry? Are you the type that doesn't promise what you can't deliver and takes great pride in delighting your customers with superior service and a superior product? Do you have a rare blend of skills which makes you versed in technical development; but can also explain the code to others? Do you possess an unimpeachable sense of integrity which drives your actions? Is work more than a set of tasks for you? Do you want to be part of a company invested in your development? If so, then we want your passion, enthusiasm, and fun personality to liven add to our lively HR office while we achieve great things together!
While no day will be exactly the same, typically, you'll get to do the following each day:
- Actively listen to internal customers and build solutions (such as SQL data models, queries, reports, security set up, XML loads, etc…) which exceed their expectations
- Interact with internal customers and/or external vendors to explain and resolve sometimes complex issues simply
- Extract, Audit, Cleanse, and Load data for events like acquisitions, upgrades, updates, new feature adoption, etc…
- Build reports and dashboards to help the business solve problems big and small
- Rigorously test the system to root out potential issues before they are issues and create repeatable processes/scripts to do it again
- Propose a compelling case to quantify and solve issues utilizing process improvement, data analysis, and or HR technology
- Keep a close watch and document how the system is built and performs so others can follow in your footsteps
We think it'd be great if your background looks something like this:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related category such as Programming, Business, IT, HR
- Demonstrated hands on experience developing with PL/SQL or SQL – within Oracle BIP or OTBI is a plus.
- Previous experience adhering to SDLC processes
- Demonstrated hands on experience with XML development to extract and load data
- Excel/Access – it's never going away; but, you love it! (you are cool with pivot tables, graphs, data sets, vlookup, tables, text to columns, external data, macros/VBA, concatenation, unique sets, etc..)
- Demonstrated ability to organize project deliverables, accurately set up deliverable expectations and follow through
- Ability to concisely communicate complex details in an easy to understand manner
It'd be fantastic if you also had some of these:
- A few years of experience developing/configuring on SaaS HR Technology platforms, preferably Oracle HCM Cloud – Non-Cloud technology support of EBS would also work.
- Have developed a "fast formula" and know what a "flexfield" is
- Specialized training in data analytics and visualization
- Any additional coding experience such as VBA, XSLT, HTML, Java, and APIs
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top