HRIS Analyst II (8575)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We are looking for HR systems whisperers with a vision to be part of something BIG! We need you to build the future HR Technology platform with us and then own, support, and continue to push the envelope through the years. We're not looking for a one and done engagement. We are the long-term relationship sort of company; so, if that's not your thing, we may not be a fit for a heartbreaker like yourself. We want to invest in your development as we reach new heights together and unlock hidden potential through automation, process improvement and sort of spooky precognitive analytical insight.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Know how to engage others to willingly be part of necessary change
- Focused on delighting your customer
- Love building new things and solving complex problems
- Continuously curious about data, systems, and processes
- Great at accurately painting a picture with data
- Understand how technology enables business
- Picked up a thing or two about best practice along the way
- Implementing cutting edge Oracle HCM Cloud Suite
- Great benefits
- Awesome coworkers – you'll actually want to see them outside of work!
- Invested in your full potential
- Collaborative workplace
If this sounds like a fit so far, read on for additional details and apply.
Are you a funky tech (blend of functional/technical)? Do you believe that your role in the company is to make everyone else's job easier? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time; but, also know that you'll never have all the facts and need to balance in some action? Can you slice along that edge very well? Are you the type that doesn't promise what you can't deliver and takes great pride in delighting your customers with superior service and a superior product? Have you gotten really good at indirectly leading others to a conclusion and helping to drive sustainable and enthusiastic action? Do you have a rare blend of skills which makes you versed in HR, Business, IT, and like to balance developing new stuff with actual human interaction? Do you possess an unimpeachable sense of integrity which drives your actions? Is work more than a set of tasks for you? If so, then we want your passion, enthusiasm, and fun personality to liven up our HR office while we achieve great things together!
While no day will be exactly the same, typically, you'll get to do the following each day:
- Interact with internal customers to explain and resolve sometimes complex issues simply
- Actively listen to internal customers and build solutions (such as process flows, security set up, eligibility groups, etc…) which exceed their expectations
- Configure the system and cleanse data for events like open enrollment, acquisitions, upgrades, updates, new feature adoption, etc…
- Rigorously test the system to root out potential issues before they are issues and create repeatable processes/scripts to do it again
- Coordinate with technology vendors to solve for current and future needs
- Own the issues by communicating with internal customers, keeping everyone in the loop without assigning blame when things go wrong
- Propose a compelling case to quantify and solve issues utilizing process improvement, data analysis, and or HR technology
- Patiently train others to be as awesome as you are with technology solutions
- Build help guides and videos that real people can follow and learn from
- Find relevant detail in release documentation and help plan what to do about it by connecting the dots to a larger systems strategy
- Keep a close watch and document how the system is built and performs so others can follow in your footsteps
- Build reports and dashboards to help the business solve problems big and small
- Keep up to date on HR technology trends and act as a trusted advisor in the space
We think it'd be great if your background looks something like this:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related category such as Business, IT, HR
- A few years of experience configuring, using, supporting, and training on SaaS HR Technology
- So good at integrations that you may be a cartographer in your spare time
- Excel – it's never going away; but, you love it! (you are cool with pivot tables, graphs, data sets, vlookup, tables, text to columns, external data, etc..)
- An eagerness to quickly learn new skills and a desire to train others
- Demonstrated successful coordination of multiple projects competing for resources with complex requirements
- Experience with business intelligence tools to create reports and dashboards
- Ability to concisely communicate complex details in an easy to understand manner (ex: you think this posting is too long and can do it better in 1 page or less)
- Know your way around Venn diagrams and flow charts
- Excellent command of the English language
It'd be fantastic if you also had some of these:
- Experience using and configuring Oracle HCM Cloud modules, SilkRoad Recruiting/Onboarding and Oracle EBS 12.1
- Know what things like a flex field and fast formula are
- Part of a team that successfully implemented HR technology before
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP demonstrating your understanding of HR and compliance related issues
- Specialized training in Data analytics and visualization
- Coding skills like VBA, XML, XSLT, HTML, Java, PL/SQL and API stuff
- Can see into the future (with data)
- Proficiency with written and spoken Spanish
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top