Group News Director (8751)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has a great opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced news leader to assist the corporate Vice President of News in managing the day-to-day operations of our corporate news department and our more than 60 local newsrooms across the country. This Director will work closely with local news management and report directly to the corporate VP, News, and will be based at our corporate headquarters in Hunt Valley, MD.
- Manage day-to-day operations of stations from corporate level, including serving as point of contact for content, legal, and HR issues
- Reinforce corporate strategy and newsroom initiatives
- Manage resources appropriately to ensure top editorial priorities are handled effectively
- Approve key hires and talent development
- Help coordinate, develop, and execute strategy for news dissemination via multiple screens now and in future applications
- Work with existing Group News Directors, Managers and collaborate with Corporate VP's to ensure operational excellence of team, including our local news operation and bureau
- Must have a proven track record of news leadership, with demonstrable growth in ratings and revenue
- Excellent editorial, legal and ethics knowledge
- More than 10 years of industry experience in local or cable television news is required and experience managing multiple operations preferred
- Thorough understanding of needs of large and small market operations
- Prefer experience in a corporate broadcast, network or cable news environment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top