Hummingbird is a new OTT streaming service launching in Q3 2018. The service will carry both linear and VOD channel content from both the SBG portfolio and third-party content owners. It will cater to a broad audience demographic but will be uniquely different than others in the space by focusing on local market interest and content relevance. The service will launch across the main OTT platforms including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android and desktop.
Hummingbird is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group and works closely with the Sinclair Digital group based in Seattle The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Our Graphic Designer creates graphics and content for Hummingbird's App and desktop product. Additionally, this position maintains Hummingbird's brand across platforms and supports the greater team with any graphic needs. Our Graphic Designer reports to Hummingbird's Editor in Chief.
This position requires a thorough understanding of the OTT video ecosystem and emerging digital technologies. This individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the network of SBG stakeholders on a regular basis. Direct experience in the launch and ongoing development of a OTT video product is required.
We're looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, team oriented and results-driven environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Creates graphics and content for Hummingbird's national OTT products and social media platforms (static graphics, GIFs, social content, social covers, promotional graphics, thumbnails on app & YouTube, etc)
- Creates and updates daily graphical templates and supports content producers with any graphic needs and production workflows
- Collaborates with senior team members to design graphic and text elements for videos
- Coordinates and delivers images to all platforms that are sized correctly and consistent across channels
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- 5+ years of experience in the digital video or OTT content space
- Excellent knowledge of the social web, video platforms and social communication tools
- Solid experience with adobe Creative Suite, Avid, Premiere, and content management systems
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fast developing trends in the digital video and OTT space in general
- Direct experience in launching and developing new OTT products is a plus
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States
Company Location HR.Hummingbird.National.SantaMonica.CA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top