General Sales Manager (7351)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KMEG-TV (CBS) KPTH (FOX), in Sioux City, IA, is looking for a General Sales Manager to run our sales department. The General Manager must possess strong leadership skills and direct a local sales team in selling and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. In this role, you must be focused on and have a track record of selling new business. You must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and development skills, and strong leadership capabilities, as well as being a powerful strategic thinker.
Additional responsibilities will include exceeding revenue goals, budgeting, forecasting, inventory control and pricing, sales promotion and development of non-traditional revenue sources, new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential and familiarity with Wide Orbit traffic, Wide Orbit Sales and Marshall Marketing is a plus!
In this position, you will:
- Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow station’s revenue share
- Train, manage and motivate all sales personnel
- Manage local television sales for the stations including local, new business and digital interactive revenue streams
- Train sales team to sell products and services via Digital Solutions and Mobile Marketing
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- 3-5 years of experience in TV Sales Management
- Track record of successful sports sales
- Hands on TV advertising sales and sales management background
- Ability to transfer selling skills to Account Executives
- Strong and positive leadership skills
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Wide Orbit experience preferred
- Ability to understand and report on analytics and metrics associated with local television sales
- Comscore experience a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top