General Manager (8635)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Are you a General Manager or Sales Manager who gets true satisfaction in helping others grow? Can you spot the best sales talent anywhere? Do you have a successful track record of taking your station to new sales heights? If you answer yes to these questions, YOU NEED TO APPLY BELOW. Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a talented General Manager for our stations, WKEF/WRGT in Dayton, OH. This is not a desk job! The successful candidate will have a commitment to new business development with pointed and aggressive sales techniques. We are looking for experienced General Managers, Sales Managers, or other experienced television station leaders who are ready to take the next step.
In this position you will:
- Manage the physical, human and financial assets of the station
- Achieve budgeted financial goals and grow station's revenue share
- Help increase the station's viewing audience by serving the interests of the community
- Protect the station's license through strict adherence to FCC rules and regulations
- Train, manage, and motivate all station personnel including sales staff
- Manage television sales for the station including local, new business and new media
- Train sales team to sell products and services via Digital Solutions and Mobile Marketing
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage employee relations and station relations
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- 4-7 years experience in a similar role in a TV station or in a Sr. Television Management role
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background a must
- Strong and positive leadership skills required
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- A minimum of 5 years management experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OSI preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top