General Assignment Reporter/Traffic Reporter (7715)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
CBS21/WHP-TV is looking for a take-charge weekday Reporter/Traffic Reporter to help us continue to grow our morning newscast!
We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and thrives on breaking stories. In addition to general reporting duties, the right candidate will be able to quickly learn the Central Pennsylvania roads and operate traffic computer equipment, coupled with reporting from our Alert Center for the morning news shows.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills are a must
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must be able to execute live presentations at a Chroma screen to tell visual stories
- Develop, write and edit news stories under deadline
- Strong engagement across multiple digital platforms
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record are a must!
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Two (2) + years of experience as a Reporter/Traffic Reporter
- Must have a four (4) year degree in Journalism or related field
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top