General Assignment Reporter
- Tulsa, OK
KTUL is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our audiences! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to television news reporting are required. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch big daily news stories
- Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for the station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
- Work closely with News Management to refine story pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of all reports and work
- Maintain an active social media presence to build our brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
Additionally, this person should have a...
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- 3+ years of experience as a Reporter is preferred
- A history of award-winning journalism is preferred
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Possess a valid drivers license and a clean driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Back to top