General Assignment Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHP-TV/CBS21 is looking for a take-charge Reporter to help us continue to grow our newscasts! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and thrive on breaking news stories. We are looking for someone who will pitch and execute unique, vetted story ideas daily.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills are a must
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends, and overnight
- Acquire strong sources in the community
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a reporter
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
Job Location Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Company Location HR.WHP/WLYH.Harrisburg.Harrisburg.PA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top