General Assignment Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WKRC-TV, Local 12 News, is seeking a take-charge General Assignment Reporter with strong on-camera reporting skills and great storytelling abilities to join Cincinnati's #1 news team. The person we are looking for will have excellent news judgment and be able to develop sources to allow them to break major stories both on-air and online daily.
- At least five years of professional-level experience as a television news reporter
- A college degree in journalism/mass communications or related field of study
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms
- A valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- A strong writer
- Someone with sharp wit and the ability to work well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own hard news
- The ability to lead story ideas on a daily basis
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Exemplary communication skills
- Considerable live shot experience is a must
- Previous experience working in a team environment is necessary
- Must have five (5) years of on-air experience
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Company Location HR.WKRC.Cincinnati.Cincinnati.OH
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top