Front-End Developer (8979)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Compulse Integrated Marketing, the creative agency arm of Sinclair Broadcast Group, is looking for a talented and dynamic Front-End Developer who thrives in a fast paced environment. A candidate with a "can-do" attitude will thrive at this position, which offers the opportunity to add to their design portfolio a multitude of sites created for a growing and diverse client base.
- Building custom front-end frameworks for WordPress sites that allow content specialists and designers to complete the website
- Collaborating with back-end developers and designers to fulfill requirements as defined in the contractual agreements with the agency's clients
- Collaborating with back-end developers to create new WordPress modules that augment internal business functions
- Refining the current front-end automation setup within the development environment utilizing Gulp, NPM and Node.js
- Providing training to designers on how to utilize front end technologies such as Sass, image optimizers, and browser synchronizers
- Participating in scope calls/discussion and providing opinions to help estimate the level of effort to fulfill client requirements
- Bachelor's degree in CS, IS, Digital Media Design, or other related field
- 3+ years of experience with front-end web development in a professional environment
- Highly experienced with utilizing Node.js and various node modules to aid production automation. Examples include Gulp, Browserify, and Browsersync
- Can code a custom WordPress template from the ground up
- The ability to code refined and user friendly UI
- Comfortable with creating wireframes and transferring wireframes into working designs
- A solid point-of-view regarding software design and a collaborative nature
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and communicate resolutions effectively
- PHP 5
- Mac Terminal navigation and function execution
- WordPress 4 template creation
- WordPress plugin implementation and manipulation
- HTML, CSS, SASS/LESS
- MS Office Suite
- Understanding of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Comscore
- Knowledge of additional SPAs
- Ability to write jQuery plugins
- Applicable knowledge of WebSockets
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top