Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the MLB Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games, features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans. Marquee is also the television home of the WNBA Chicago Sky, providing a variety of exciting coverage.
We are seeking a freelance Graphics Designer who will contribute to the visual identity of Marquee Sports Network. This freelance designer will support the graphics and production teams with game-day design and support throughout the regular Cubs season. They will provide direct support to internal departments through all stages of project development and executes strategic creative initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as game-day designer and maintain strong design principles in fast-paced, live television environment
- Collaborate with on-air production team to design and produce day-of-game studio and broadcast graphics
- Utilize still and animated After Effects templates while also leading custom set development for special events and holidays
- Develop and build team assets for seasonal use
- Assist with sales mock-ups, sponsor items, marketing creative, and promo requests as needed
- Adhere to Marquee Sports Network's brand guidelines and expectations across platforms
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Prior AfterEffects experience is a big plus
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, as well as being a team player
- Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Availability to work 3-4 games per week (including nights and weekends, beginning 3 hours before first pitch and concluding with postgame show)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.