Financial Analyst (Financial Planning & Analytics) (7749)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking a performance/profitability and financial planning Financial Analyst to join our Finance organization. This role will work with the FP&A team, who is charged with financial and operational oversight of markets (and business units), with the goal of enhancing long term profitability. This group works in collaboration with both operational and corporate management. The individual in this role will assist the Financial Planning & Analysis Managers and other Analysts working with markets to accomplish growth objectives, as well as assisting the team at large with completing budget and forecasts timely and accurately.
- Create actionable, data driven analysis of station performance and provide management of assigned markets with target analytics identifying station issues. Work directly with markets needing a remediation plan-covering profitability, opportunities, sales management and alignment with corporate initiatives & strategy.
- Focus of profitability (including trends & growth) – by engaging with management of assigned markets to foster the execution of market level strategy consistent with overall corporate objectives.
- Focus on sales inventory management – by engaging with management of assigned markets to identify opportunities for growth.
- Create clear path of resolution for initiatives and responsible for collecting, analyzing, maintaining and presenting data to evaluate issues.
- Design and develop analytical and operational tools and reports & create reporting that supports decision making.
- Leverage business and financial experience to evaluate current performance levels as well as potential improvements
- Analyze and oversee the budget and forecasts process, ensuring entries are timely and accurate
- Other projects as needed
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Media experience is a plus, but not required
- Outgoing personality
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Strong strategic thinker, who is BOTH practical and action oriented
- MBA, CMA, or equivalent a plus
- Experience evaluating sales trends
- Experience evaluating forecast and budget trends
- Ability to use software solutions to improve processes and efficiencies
- Excellent excel required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top