Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is hiring a Financial Analyst position for its Advanced Revenue and Analytics team. The Advanced Revenue and Analytics team is charged with using technology to develop new revenue streams as well as provide data-driven analytics reporting for the entire organization. The group works in collaboration with both operational and corporate management.
- Leverage business and financial experience to evaluate new advertising or analytics opportunities, including computing or modeling revenues and/or profitability, doing industry research, and tracking competitor activity.
- Analyze station inventory to determine ideal allocations across sales channels; track existing allocations especially as impacted by programming changes or special events; communicate with stations or other sales channels and monitor compliance.
- Respond in a timely way to varied advertising RFPs, including computing "media math," recommending mix of sales channels/stations, keeping comprehensive records of responses and response times, and communicating accurately and with urgency.
- Perform or supervise the performance of data cleansing so that it occurs in an efficient and consistent way, e.g., matching customers and advertisers to the appropriate category or matching TV programs to the appropriate genre.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, maintaining and presenting data to evaluate issues.
- Design and develop analytical and operational tools and reports & create reporting that supports decision making.
- Other projects as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in a financial analysis role
- Media experience is a plus
- Broadcast Sales experience is a plus
- Outgoing personality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong strategic thinker
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Experience evaluating sales trends
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience in Business Intelligence systems is a plus
Job Location Cockeysville, Maryland, United States
Company Location HR.SINCLAIR.Headquarters.Cockeysville.MD
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top