Executive Producer of Investigative Projects (5856)
Were you inspired by the movie Spotlight? Did you ask yourself—while watching that film, "Why don't broadcast media companies create investigative units like this?" Did you find yourself wishing that a team existed, which would relentlessly dig into an important story in a community? Well, here's the good news; that team is being built right now and you could lead it!
Sinclair Broadcast Group Corporate News Division is seeking an Executive Producer of Investigative Projects who will lead a Corporate-based Special Projects Unit which will investigate specific challenges in a local government system during a two-year project assignment. This position will report directly to the Vice President of News as well as the Director of News Content and Operations -- during the duration of this investigative initiative. If you have been looking for that once-in-a-lifetime position, where you can put your talents to work, leading a team and making a difference on a meaningful investigative project, then you have discovered your dream job!
- Lead special SBG Corporate Investigative Unit
- Produce investigative pieces focusing on challenges in the education system.
- Work with WBFF staff and management to fulfill the larger education project goals.
- Communicate with SBG Corp News team on planning, strategy, editorial review
- Contribute story ideas and help shape editorial direction and consistency of project.
- Demonstrate leadership and experience for other staff members.
- Write copy for broadcast and digital platforms
- Exhibit knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms.
- Field produce with photographers to gather content for project
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of information research.
- Maintain knowledge of key issues in politics and education.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years' experience in television news, with proven record in investigative and/or long form content. Network, Cable or Large Market experience is preferred.
- Able to travel and manage field logistics & production.
- Prefer person with strong contact and resource list.
- Exceptional writing and content analysis skills
- Must have an excellent understanding of the U.S. educational system and the media's role in holding leaders accountable on behalf of citizens.
- Passion for exceptional storytelling.
Are you ready to join our team? Please apply online today!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top