Executive Producer of Digital News (7687)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KUTV has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Executive Produce of Digital News to join our growing team. This role will support all facets of digital media growth from digital news and social community management to revenue generation for both internal and external clients. The candidate will work directly with our corporate team to implement corporate initiatives at the station level as well as set the vision and lead the news team that creates, develops and produces the station's digital coverage on all platforms. We are looking for a newsroom leader with strong news judgment who will foster a competitive digital newsroom culture. The right person for this job should thrive on working in the 24-hour news cycle.
Some travel for training, sales meetings and client meetings may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or broadcast journalism or equivalent related experience
- Candidate must have a 3-5 years' experience in newsroom management and digital producing
- Knowledge of basic coding, HTML, CMS, Photoshop and word processing programs
- Social Media / Audience Engagement experience is required to lead our continued growth on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other emerging social media platforms
- Successful web traffic engagement skills
- Ability to drive higher levels of engagement, web traffic, and television viewing from our social audiences
- Managing, producing, and organizing digital and mobile platforms
- Manage a team of web producers and their schedules
- Ability to respond to breaking news on all mediums with urgency
- Ability to work in a fast paced, creative environment with reporters and anchors
- Understanding of journalism and broadcast measurements including Nielsen ratings
- Understanding of the need to develop our audience on all platforms: television, mobile, web, and social platforms
- Engage television viewers with cross promotion on all platforms
- Adapt to emerging technological trends quickly and with great urgency
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top