WLUK, Green Bay, has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer (Evenings). The ideal candidate believes in sharing creative content, and will oversee production of newscasts and special programming. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily story selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example and be able to produce newscasts if needed. The Executive Producer will also lead by coaching new journalists by expanding their skill-sets and creativity.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
- Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information
- Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage balanced and creative storytelling
- Manage news room and handle breaking news situations
- Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special content
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
- Minimum of 2 years producing in a television news environment or equivalent
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.