Executive Producer (4866)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WSTM/WSTQ/WTVH has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Executive Producer to oversee our weekday morning newscasts. The Executive Producer will oversee two morning news teams that produce 5+ hours of news daily. The ideal candidate will oversee production of newscasts, including on air talent, producers, reporters and photographers. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
- Work with producers and anchors to review all scripts
- Review newscast teases
- Lead the team on breaking news and other coverage decisions
- Help producers and on-air talent convey a sense of urgency and timeliness in our newscasts
- Produce newscasts when needed
- Manage and train newscasts producers
- Help plan live shots for two reporters
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Special projects, including sweeps planning for both news teams
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred and a minimum of 4 years related experience
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top