Evening News Anchor (6448)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WPDE ABC 15 is looking for an experienced top-notch journalist with a proven track record in their market to anchor our evening newscasts (5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 10pm, and 11pm). We need a dynamic main anchor who will embrace the fabric of our community and bring value to the Myrtle Beach-Florence market by living our brand. Our anchors are expected to be newsroom leaders, report special in-depth accountability stories, and be social media savvy. ABC 15 is looking for a journalist who can promote and share what's happening with our viewers across all platforms. The right candidate will be a great newsroom leader and embrace our positive news culture.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchoring the evening newscasts
- Developing and fronting a franchise
- Producing special reports based in accountability journalism
- Recording promotions and teases
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Must bring great pacing, presentation and delivery to anchoring
- Ability to anchor breaking news and extended coverage events in studio or in the field
- Be able to share examples of excellent field anchoring
- Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience serving as a full time anchor
- Experience anchoring during breaking news and extended coverage situations (particularly hurricanes)
- At least 5 years as a news anchor at a commercial television station
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Nicole designs national ad campaigns and sales collateral. She collaborates with other designers to ensure their clients are given strong ad campaigns to showcase their companies.
Back to top