WCYB/WEMT is looking for a dynamic full-time News Anchor. In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you need to be a team leader. A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory! In addition to studio anchoring, you will be field-anchoring and turning original story content for our newscasts on a regular basis. Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Smooth/pleasant on-air delivery
- Strong writing skills and news judgment
- Sharp video shooting and editing skills
- Exemplary communication skills
- You must have at least 3 years of on-air experience
- Live commercial television experience is a must
- Strong \"in-the-field and live\" skills
- Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style
- Ability to copy edit, proofread and review news scripts for broadcast
- Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
- Must be active on social media and digital platforms
- Ability to represent the station as a "Brand Ambassador" at community and promotional events
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.