Employee and Labor Relations Specialist (8688)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an Employee and Labor Relations Specialist to provide oversight and guidance on labor and employee relations matters, including compliance. Enthusiasm, great communication and attention to detail are must have attributes for this position. Visits to other TV stations including some overnight travel will be required. Duties and responsibilities will be based on providing support to multiple television stations in various areas of HR, including but not limited to the following:
- Interpretation and application of company policies/procedures and collective bargaining agreements
- Preparation for and participation in union contract negotiations
- Consult and assist Managers with issues and questions related to labor matters, including grievances, arbitrations and information requests
- Provide guidance and support on employee relations issues, including corrective action, performance management, investigating performance/conduct issues and terminations
- Investigate and analyze complaints and grievances
- Provide guidance on compliance matters, including NLRA, FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, EEO and other state/local rules
- Create, review, or edit documents
- Analyze data and prepare reports
- Other tasks / projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related program of study.
- 7+ years of HR generalist experience, concentrated in employee and labor relations. Broadcast or related media experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills, able to work independently and have excellent communication skills.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office is expected.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Director of Digital and National News
Our mission statement is connecting people with content everywhere.
Back to top