Early Morning News Producer (7300)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KUTV the CBS affiliate in Salt Lake City has an excellent full-time opportunity for an Early Morning News Producer to join our winning news team!
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast.
The candidate must have news producing experience at a commercial TV station. The candidate must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred as well as experience:
- Determining the content and flow of newscasts
- Writing stories with relentless attention to detail
- Use of graphics creatively and effectively
- Producing content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Working with management and reporters to generate stories
- Staying informed of current events
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high energy working environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience in producing and boothing live newscasts
- BA in Journalism or a related field
- Knowledge in INews and Avid NewsCutter XP technology is not required, but is a definite plus!!
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to:
Attn: News Director
299 S. Main St. Suite 150Salt Lake City, Utah 84111Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top