Director of Sales/ High School Programming (7390)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Our High School programming division is growing, and we need a dynamic & highly motivated Director of Sales in Music City USA to join our championship team! This is a one of a kind sales management opportunity in the exciting field of television sports marketing with the Sinclair Broadcast Group! The ideal candidate will have a proven and successful track record in broadcast and/or sports sales management and enjoys travel. This person should also possess excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills with a drive to succeed. Our leader will demonstrate an outstanding work-ethic, have a passion for sports and is committed to the success of our high school programs and our stations in exceeding our revenue goals for this very valuable local programming!
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the sales performance of all High School Sports markets
- Travel to markets for sales presentations for major sponsorships
- Maintain communications with stations on ideas and performance.
- Develop and maintain key client and sponsor relationships.
- Create and develop sales packages and additional revenue opportunities, including digital, for stations.
- Communicate with Dir. of High School Programming on performance of stations.
- Perform season end review with the affiliates on performance.
- Season end review with Dir. of High School Programming on affiliate performances.
- Computer skills necessary to help facilitate sales correspondence and efforts, (including but not limited to – OSI, Wide Orbit, Media Audit, spreadsheets, power point, SharePoint and word processing).
Requirements for your position:
- A proven track record of success in television and / or sports sales management
- Availability to travel
- Have a passion for High School Sports, as well as a clear understanding and comprehensive knowledge of teams, state rankings and rivalry match-ups
- Willingness to assist or work with stations or other Sinclair personnel as needed
- Strong organizational skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top