Director of Sales (7599)
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The Director of Sales is a senior level leader who will report to the stations General Manager and who will be responsible for all sales related revenue streams for our three stations in Nashville, Fox 17, CW 58 and MyTV 30. Job duties include leading revenue efforts for spot television, digital, mobile, and other non-traditional streams from which to grow revenue. Primary responsibilities include leading a team in the achievement of revenue goals; goal setting for the sales organization (including various revenue streams), setting strategic direction with a clear execution plan, effective yield management; accurate forecasting, as well as department budget creation and management.
- Communicate effectively with the General Manager on all sales related activities
- Drive revenue generation and create demand on multiple Fox 17, MyTv30 and CW58 Media platforms
- Control and price inventory to meet and exceed budget goals
- Develop and implement sales projects that create spot demand and generate incremental revenue
- Annually increase digital, and business development revenue
- Recruit, develop, and supervise the sales department
- Determine the strategic direction of the department with the ability to sustain that strategic direction throughout the year
- Collaborate with others on ratings estimates and projections
- Interface with national rep firm on all matters related to national revenue
- Work with various department heads on relevant activities
- Provide top level station management with an accurate picture of revenue conditions at all times
- Represent stations in external sales and marketing related industry functions
- Travel to key areas to meet with clients on regular basis and attend sales related functions after business hours
- Take full advantage of internal consultants and training protocols
- Meet with customers on a regular basis.
Skills and Experience:
- Five or more years of media sales management
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize goals for the department and the station.
- Must have experience leading a large staff with various skill sets, with the ability to work with other Sinclair entities and build consensus
- Knowledge of all media platforms
- Proven track record of new business development success is a must.
- Track record of successfully generating integrated marketing revenue
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Abiezer directs live productions of KOMO TV’s news segments for viewers across the greater Seattle area. He prepares the news visuals and works alongside producers.
Back to top