Director of Product- NewsON
Do you want to make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media and impact an audience with news and programming that reaches 80% of American households across all major television networks? Join the Sinclair Digital team and transform how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more television stations than anyone. The Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile, and over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of a multi-disciplinary group of extraordinary employees, and a management team dedicated to ensuring we all have a great future and a lot of fun while advancing the world of Broadcasting, and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The Director of Product for NewsON will define the future of local TV news by building video news products for consumers on Mobile, Web and over-the-top (OTT). You will be responsible for all aspects of NewsON product, including strategy, development, implementation and management of all product initiatives for NewsON. You will lead a product and operations team that is responsible for product and for daily monitoring of the product operations. Your primary goal is to bring a customer-centric approach and innovative thinking to define the NewsON product that will deliver the best user experience while delivering on business objectives.
As a team member of Sinclair Digital, you will collaborate with other product leaders, business stakeholders, advertising and digital product sales and marketing teams, data scientists and business analysts, designers, project managers, technology architects, software managers, and external vendors to gain domain knowledge, build consensus, develop your product vision, and fulfill that vision by turning your ideas into features that delight NewsON users and drive growth in digital media content viewership.
You will be expected to hire, manage and motivate a team of professionals, develop a comprehensive product strategy that can be clearly communicated to multiple teams within the organization, lead the development efforts and make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market vs. experience decisions.
The right candidate will possess strong leadership in leading building and launching multiple digital B2C products. In addition, the ideal candidate will have domain expertise with digital video, content publishing, and application distribution.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the product team including hiring, managing team members, product strategy, product roadmap, development and related technology decisions,
- Work with internal groups (Operations, Technology, Sales and Marketing) and external stakeholders to gather input, understand business priorities and communicate product roadmap.
- Create and manage all documentation related to the product including roadmap, strategy and high-level business requirements.
- Work with 3 rd party vendors to lead the development process, including product launch and feature prioritization
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics as well as identify and measure the impact of new features. Regularly track product performance and success metrics, and report them to stakeholders.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate matters related to video content, troubleshooting and improving the overall video and product experience.
- Evaluate and establish/maintain new capabilities needed to build and manage digital products.
- Demonstrable success developing B2C mobile and/or OTT products.
- Experience in leading a product team.
- Preparing and gaining approval for product strategy and roadmap including input from key internal and partner stakeholders.
- Experience with managing 3rd party development vendors.
- Experience with Agile and waterfall development approaches.
- Familiarity with TV ecosystem including content, advertising and metrics.
- Demonstrable experience of product execution skills, having led at least one cross-functional team to develop and launch a consumer-facing product.
- Displays responsibility to the customer.
- Displays passion for digital media and technology.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & corporate integrity.
- 7+ years of Digital Product Management experience with 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Deep understanding of the overall user experience across various mobile and/or OTT platforms.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytic and research skills.
- Knowledgeable about digital technologies and trends in the mobile and OTT video space.
- Strong problem identification skills and ability to break down a problem into smaller parts.
- Previous experience working at, or with, media companies or partners of these companies; local media knowledge also preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Job Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Company Location HR.NEWSON.NATIONAL.ATLANTA.GA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top