Director of Engineering
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRCR/ KCVU/KRVU, located in Chico/Redding CA and KAEF/KBVU/KECA located in Eureka CA, is currently seeking a Director of Engineering. A qualified candidate will coordinate or perform maintenance of computer and broadcast equipment of the television broadcasting stations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee engineering staff in separate locations.
- Plan, manage, train, and coordinate technician's activities
- Oversee Station Master Control operations and supervise the master control operators.
- Operate the station in compliance with all FCC rules and regulations
- Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
- Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the stations
- Establish procedures to ensure that all IT equipment is operational and secure
- Keep software versions up to date and follow software license compliance, including all corporate directives for IT security
- Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on almost any electronic device or support electronics whether in-house or installed at transmitter; including but not limited to: cameras, video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
- Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance of all transmitters, translators, and microwave systems
- Respond to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after regular hours and weekends)
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in broadcast television engineering, preferably with prior engineering management experience.
- 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality.
- Strong leadership skills and exceptional communication are absolutely essential for the successful candidate to possess.
- A strong IT background.
- A college degree, SBE certification, and A+ certification are preferred.
- Hold a valid driver's license.
Job Location Redding, California, United States
Company Location HR.KRCR.CHICO-REDDING.REDDING.CA
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top