WJAR , Southern New England's News Leader, is looking for a Digital Weather Producer/Meteorologist !
The qualified candidate will be responsible for working with our Storm Team 10 meteorologists in the creation of daily weather segments and live breaking/severe weather events, producing weather-related stories or prime-time weather specials across digital and social platforms. Along with the Chief and Senior Meteorologists, you will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. You will issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and provide content to digital and social media.
- Work with Chief Meteorologist, producers, digital editors, and management to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
- Work with Chief Meteorologist, newscast directors, and digital team to coordinate production of the weather segments, digital content, and continuous weather coverage when warranted
- Provide detailed weather blogs for TurnTo10.com and other digital platforms
- Provide engaging weather content for NBC 10 social media platforms
- Fill in as on-camera meteorologist as needed, and report live during weather events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Previous experience presenting weather and producing forecasts is preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and other forms of social media to help build content
- Degree in Atmospheric Sciences, Meteorology, or Broadcast Journalism
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
- Familiarity with WSI weather technology and Avid is a plus
- Must be willing to work overnights, weekends, or holidays in a 24/7 news environment
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.