Sinclair Broadcast Group , an omnichannel media company, is ranked one of Linkedin's Top Companies in Media & Entertainment in 2022. KATU (ABC) & Univision Portland/Sinclair Digital Solutions is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Digital Sales Manager to join our team. The Digital Sales Manager will ensure all digital objectives (including internet, mobile, & over-the-top) exceed or meet company revenue growth goals. This person will become an expert in Sinclair's digital capabilities and be able to deliver unique and valuable digital solutions to new and existing clients through our current broadcast relationships in-market and regionally.
Not every day will look the same, however, the main responsibilities of our Digital Sales Managers will include the below responsibilities:
- Develops & executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital by vertical and account
- Works with Marketing Consultants (sales professionals) and clients to develop results-driven omnichannel marketing solutions across broadcast, streaming television (OTT), and a robust portfolio of digital products
- Maintain high level communications with all station and corporate management, sales staff, as well as vendors
- Actively attends sales calls with Marketing Consultants to develop new accounts and maximize existing accounts (discover, win, grow, retain)
- Be an effective educator/trainer internally & externally on digital tactics, benefits, and trends
- Work with Sales Management to add digital solutions in station initiatives, sponsorships, etc.
- Share & ensure sales training materials are applicable for market needs and ongoing cross-platform sales development in coordination with regional digital sales leadership
- Review & support sales plans, ensuring KPI/ROI achievement
- Showcase extreme ownership in the success & effectiveness of the digital sales department from pre- to post-campaign, managing deliverables, milestones, and timing on all campaigns
- Prepares budgets and revenue reporting for Director of Sales and Local Sales Manager to hold team accountable to digital goals by vertical by Marketing Consultant
- Prepare & lead sales meetings in partnership with the Director of Sales & Local Sales Managers
- Manage & maximize digital inventory with effective pricing & market opportunities internally to the field
- Assists with the recruitment of talented sales professionals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lead, train and inspire sales professionals
- Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives, & social media
- Hands-on experience developing new business as a skilled negotiator and motivator, a proven track record of digital success
- Passion for leading and contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of the changing landscape of integrated marketing
- 3+ years of digital ad sales experience
- Sales management experience is a plus
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.