Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WEYI-TV NBC 25 and WSMH-TV FOX66, in Flint, Michigan, is looking for an experienced digital producer. This position will oversee all content on our stations' websites, mobile, and social media platforms. We are looking for someone with great journalistic instincts and social media know-how to take our news presence to new heights. You must understand how to select, write, and connect compelling local news content in a manner that grows our audience and builds loyalty. As you work with the station's Digital Content Manager and management, you will ensure content published on our digital platforms meets the stations' standards, use SBG best practices and real-time analytic tools to make decisions about what content users are responding to, and develop digital strategies to win daily news coverage, breaking news, severe weather, and special coverage of major local events.
- Strong writing skills
- Great work ethic
- Time management skills
- Must work well independently and as part of a team in a high energy, creative and collaborative environment
- Competitive drive who upholds high journalistic and ethical standards, under deadline pressure
- Creating, writing, and organizing compelling news content on all the station's digital platforms, with relentless attention to detail and accuracy
- One year of experience producing digital content in a commercial TV newsroom or newspaper
- Demonstrating knowledge of web content management systems, social media (including Facebook and Twitter), mobile apps, online analytic tools and other digital technology
- Knowledge of ENPS and nonlinear editing systems is a plus
- Working with other news staff members to execute market-leading coverage of daily news stories, breaking news, severe weather, and major community events
- Staying informed of current events and local news sources
- Meeting daily deadlines
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must have a minimum of one year experience producing news content (text, video, graphics, and photos) on variety of digital platforms, including website content management systems, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, and mobile apps
- A college degree in journalism or a related field is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Location Flint, Michigan, United States
Company Location HR.WEYI/WBSF.Flint.Flint.MI
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Employees
Ansley reports on stories that focus on the triumph of the human spirit in the face of adversity, people’s hobbies, and local businesses for Good Afternoon Arkansas at KATV.
Back to top